The VP−729 is a 9−input scaler/switcher for analog and digital video, unbalanced stereo, and S/PDIF audio signals. It up− or down−scales any video signal: composite, s−Video (Y/C), component video (YUV), HDMI, computer graphics video and jpeg files to a selectable graphics or HDTV output resolution via HDMI or 15−pin HD outputs. It provides glitch−free switching between sources through FTB™ (fade−thru−black) switching technology. The VP−729 is the same as the VP−728 with the addition of Ethernet control.
HQV® Video Processing
- HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) processing represents the state−of−the−art in video processing technology, with the highest quality de−interlacing (with 3:2 & 2:2 pull down), noise reduction, and scaling performance for both standard−definition and high−definition signals.
Fade-Thru-Black (FTB™) Switching
- The video fades to black and then the new input fades from black for smooth, glitch−free switching. The output signal provides constant sync so the display never glitches.
K-IIT XL™ Picture-in-Picture Image Insertion Technology
- Ultra stable picture−in−picture, picture−and−picture, and split screen capability. Any video source can be inserted into or positioned next to a computer graphics video source or vice versa with window positioning and sizing controls.
Projector Anywhere™ Technology
- Horizontal & vertical geometry controls to compensate for off−axis projector placement.
- The HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) license agreement allows copy−protected data on the HDMI input to pass only to the HDMI output.
- 4 universal video each on 3 RCA (composite, s−Video, component), 2 computer graphics video (15−pin HD), 2 HDMI and 1 USB (for JPEG data).
- Auto, NTSC (3.58/4.43), PAL (M/N/60) & SECAM.
HDTV Compatible Component Input.
Scaled Video Outputs
- HDMI & 15−pin HD.
HDTV Output Resolutions
- 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
Computer Graphics Output Resolutions
- 32 plus a user definable custom output resolution with selectable refresh rates.
Multiple Aspect Ratio Selections
- 4x3 or 16x9, anamorphic, letterbox, and user definable settings.
Companion AFV (Audio-Follow-Video)
- For every analog video input; supports embedded audio on the 2 HDMI inputs and outputs.
- 4 stereo audio or S/PDIF on 2 RCA connectors for each one of the 4 universal video inputs; 2 unbalanced stereo audio on 3.5mm mini jacks for each of the 2 computer graphics video inputs. Individual level adjustment.
- S/PDIF and stereo audio (RCAs); transcodes stereo or S/PDIF audio to both stereo and S/PDIF audio. Embeds & de−embeds HDMI audio. Master volume control.
- Adjustable from 0 to 340msec.
Built-in Time Base Corrector
- Stabilizes unstable video sources.
- Color, hue, sharpness, contrast, and brightness are set individually for each input.
Front Panel Lockout.
Front Panel Freeze Frame.
- Blue or black screen selectable.
- 100% to 400%.
Flexible Control Options
- Front panel, IR Remote (with on−screen menus), Ethernet, iPhone® App & RS−232.
Worldwide Power Supply
- 100−240V AC.
Standard 19” Rack Mount Size
- 1U, rack "ears" included.