The VP−731 is a 9−input scaler/switcher for analog video, digital video, balanced stereo and S/PDIF audio signals. It up− or down−scales composite, s−Video (Y/C), component video (YUV), HDMI, computer graphics video and JPEG files to a selectable computer graphics video or HDTV output resolution on identical outputs − one HDMI and two 15−pin HD. It includes a power amplifier to drive loudspeakers. The unit provides glitch−free switching between sources through FTB™ (fade−thru−black) switching technology. The VP−731 is the same as the VP−730 with the addition of Ethernet control.
HQV® Video Processing
- HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) processing represents the state−of−the−art in video processing technology, with the highest quality de−interlacing (with 3:2 & 2:2 pull down), noise reduction, and scaling performance for both standard−definition and high−definition signals.
Fade-Thru-Black (FTB™) Switching
- The video fades to black and then the new input fades from black for smooth, glitch−free switching. The output signal provides constant sync so the display never glitches.
- 2 universal video each on 3 BNC connectors (composite, s−Video, component), 4 computer graphics/component video (15−pin HD), 2 HDMI and 1 USB (for JPEG data).
K-IIT XL™ Picture-in-Picture Image Insertion Technology
- Ultra−stable picture−in−picture, picture−and−picture, and split screen capability. Any video source can be inserted into or positioned next to a computer graphics video source or vice versa with window positioning and sizing controls.
Projector Anywhere™ Technology
- Horizontal & vertical geometry controls to compensate for off−axis projector placement.
Scaled Video Outputs
- 1 HDMI & 2 15−pin HD.
- The HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) license agreement allows copy−protected data on the HDMI input to pass only to the HDMI output.
- Auto, NTSC (3.58/4.43), PAL (M/N/60) & SECAM.
HDTV Compatible Component Input.
HDTV Output Resolutions
- 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
Computer Graphics Output Resolutions
- 32 plus 4 user−definable (custom) output resolutions with selectable refresh rates.
Multiple Aspect Ratio Selections
- 4x3 or 16x9, anamorphic, letterbox, and user definable settings.
Companion AFV (Audio-Follow-Video)
- For every analog video input; supports embedded audio on the 2 HDMI inputs and outputs.
Built-In Audio Power Amplifier
- 6W RMS per channel audio amplifier with speaker output connectors.
- 6 balanced or S/PDIF audio (each selectable) on terminal blocks, one for each of the 2 universal video and 4 computer graphics video inputs. Individual level adjustment.