The SID−X1 is a DGKat™ twisted pair transmitter and step−in commander for computer graphics video, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort and unbalanced stereo audio signals. The unit includes a “Step−In” button that allows the local source to be routed as the active source on the main display through the main switcher.
DGKat™ Signal Integration
- Kramer’s unique technology for converting TMDS as well as control and communication to signals that run over twisted pair cables. We strongly recommend using Kramer DGKat™ cables designed specifically for optimum performance.
- Requires STP (shielded twisted pair) cable. For optimum range and performance, use Kramer's BC−DGKat623 or BC−DGKat7a23 cables. Note that the transmission range depends on the signal resolution, graphics card and display used. The distance using non−Kramer CAT 6 and CAT 7 cables may not reach these ranges. Use only shielded cable where both ends of the shield are soldered to ground.
Local Step-In Switching
- Button & contact closure.
- Requires independent power supply.
- 2 units can be rack mounted side−by−side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK−T2B universal rack adapter.